Sunday, September 11, 2016

Going In Circles

"When you don't know where you are going, any road will take you there." - George Harrison song.

I didn't know where I wanted to go, so I took any road.  And sure enough, it got me there. 

If you took a 3 year old kid, sat them down in front of a map, and gave them a crayon, their drawing would look a lot like my track across the west the past few weeks. 

 Along the way I wandered through Idaho, Montana, Colorado and Utah.  I visited the scar from a 1983 earthquake in Idaho.  I got attacked by the sneezies in Montana.  I spent a couple days in an RV park in Colorado, enjoying the shade of some large trees, and plugged in to electricity - first time since Wisconsin.  Then I went up to the top of San Raphael Swell in Utah to sit in the sun for a while.

While cooling my heels on Rattlesnake Bench (where I finally finished reading Les Miserables) I got an email from Dorothy saying she was at a forest campground in Utah just south of Monticello.  Since I had decided by that time to head for the home port for the holiday weekend, I left early and went down there to meet up with her.  We had a good time.






Looking at a scar from an earthquake in Idaho



 Sunset at a campground in Idaho



I seem to have forgotten I had a camera the last 2 weeks in August.  Not a single picture...
 

No comments:

Post a Comment