I got back into the lower 48 last Wednesday. I hit Mt Vernon WA for groceries and an oil change before quickly heading east into the mountains. It was too hot and humid to stay around town, its near the coast, but not quite near enough to be cool. I also picked up a nice chip in my windshield on I-5 courtesy of a minivan. It hasn't started to crack yet so I may be able to get it fixed.
I spent 5 days in a nice forest service campground on the east side of the Cascade Mountains in mostly nice weather until the last day when it got both smokey and cloudy (there was a big fire to the south somewhere). I went east and south from there through a lot more smoke. The smoke gradually thinned out as I got away from the mountains but it was overcast all day, so no pictures worth showing. I had no signal so no internet access at the campground.
I'm in an RV park in Moses Lake for the night to catch up on laundry and do a dump and fill on my tanks. I'm almost out of beer too. Its not the nicest RV park I've seen, but good enough.
Tomorrow its grocery store time and then south to eastern Oregon, unless I change my mind and go somewhere else. This wandering life can be rough at times, so many decisions to make...
No comments:
Post a Comment