Springerville Camp in AZ
Devils Canyon in UT
I spent a couple days at Devils Canyon, a forest service campground just north of Blanding, UT. It was a really nice site but was reserved for the weekend so I had to leave. I went further north to I-70 and headed west through the San Raphael Reef to the San Raphael Swell. A really swell place...
Rattlesnake Bench on the Swell in UT
Red Cactus Flower
Yellow Cactus Flower
I had issues there with a packrat that decided my engine was a good place for a nest, what with all that shade and all those nice wires to chew on. I put the hood up and put a solar light in there each night. That didn't seem to bother him, so I fired up the beast and headed a little further north.
Second camp on the Swell
Looking south
Looking east
It was windy every day there, enough that I could not wear a hat to shade my balding head. The camper doesn't provide much shade when the sun is overhead. After the hailstorm on Rattlesnake Bench it got quite warm, in the mid to upper nineties. I went over to Grand Junction to re-supply with food and beer and headed further north.
No comments:
Post a Comment