Sunday, June 26, 2016

Flaming Gorge in the wind

From Grand Junction I headed further north to Flaming Gorge in southwest Wyoming.  The winds continued until the last day there. 

On the way I stopped for a night at the camper park in Rangely, CO.

camper park in Rangely

The trees provided shelter from the winds and shade from the sun.  Both were welcome as it was quite warm there.  The next day I went up to the west side of Flaming Gorge Reservoir in Wyoming.  I found a nice spot right on the water.  Lots of sun, lots of bugs.  I got a bit sunburned here.

camp on the reservoir

Uintah Mountains to the southwest

Lots of snow up there

I watched as a large flock of geese took to the water one morning

After a fun weekend of sun, wind, and biting insects I headed further north to Idaho and Montana.



No comments:

Post a Comment