Saturday, July 9, 2016

Into the land of mosquitoes

A few parting shots from Montana:

 Red rain at sunset

 Another sunset

A view of the south end of Big Hole valley in MT

I left Clark Canyon on Sunday morning and headed east on I-90 to Laurel MT where I spent the night at Walmart, then onto I-94 to Dickinson ND for a noisey night at an RV park.  Lots of fireworks close by made for not so much sleep.  On to Fargo ND for another Walmart where I was entertained (not!) by the reving of engines and the screeching of tires late into the night.  From there I went south to I-90 again to Worthinton MN to a nice municipal park on a lake.  Nice and quiet there except for the thunderstorm that rolled through at about midnight.  

 Olson Park in Worthington MN

From there I wandered to Blackhawk COE Park on the banks of the Mississippi River south of La Crosse WI.  The main channel runs close to the park there so I got a good close view (but no picture) of a tug pushing barges down the river.  Close as in I could have thrown a rock and hit it.  Someday I may learn to carry the camera all the time. 

The next day was very windy as I made my way down the Great River Road to Bagley and then east on some county roads that put me into Potosi.  Up across the highway into Tenneyson (those roads have sure gotten narrow) and down the hollow road to Platteville, Mineral Point, Hollandale, and Blanchardville.  Then Garmin Gertie tried to direct me into someone's driveway where she expected me to drive through their back yard, across a field, over the creek, and up the hill to Gary's house.  I disagreed and continued south on 78, turned around, slapped her a couple of times, and then she led me to the correct driveway.  Sometimes she is like that.  I don't know why. 

Gary's Place

I'll head up to Madison on Monday. 

No comments:

Post a Comment