Tuesday, July 7, 2015

A little mayhem yesterday

I was sitting outside doing a little reading when I became aware of a lot more squawking from the seagulls than usual.  I looked up just as a bald eagle came swooping down with about a hundred seagulls chasing it.  It landed on a little bush at the edge of the water about 30 feet from me.  All the while those seagulls harassed it to no end.  It finally took off and flew around a little with them in hot pursuit, until it headed off towards the hills.  I managed to get a couple shots of it on the bush and a couple more in the air. 

Why all the commotion?  There was a young seagull (too young to fly) under that bush that it landed on.  I guess he was planning to have a little seagull snack, but it was not to be. 

He came around again a little later, up fairly high, and the seagulls attacked him and chased him off again.

 There is a young seagull right under him

 Mama seagull is not happy...

 Off without his snack.

 See the (brown) baby seagull in the center?

He came out later. 

 Earlier I went down to the dock to watch a ferry come in.  

 And then I watched it leave without taking a picture of it docked...
For such a large boat, it sure didn't take long to pick up speed once it was away from the dock.

Later a somewhat colorful fishing boat came in.


No comments:

Post a Comment